In celebration of Brunelcare's 75 year history, we continue our look into ‘A Brief History of Brunelcare’ by Stephen Morris...
On 16th August 1953, the Old Peoples Welfare Committee (today known as Brunelcare) purchased 11 Eaton Crescent in Clifton, Bristol. The house provided serviced accommodation for up to 18 people and was named ‘Dulverton House’, opened by Mervyn Rees, a trustee of the Dulverton Fund.
To find out more, read our brief August history
Image shown: Eaton Crescent, Clifton, featuring Stratheden and Dulverton House.